Citizenship in Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua & Barbuda is the hub of the Eastern Caribbean. With some 365 beaches of clean turquoise waters, the islands are an inviting paradise and tourism generates around 60% of the island’s income.
Antigua & Barbuda is the hub of the Eastern Caribbean. With some 365 beaches of clean turquoise waters, the islands are an inviting paradise and tourism generates around 60% of the island’s income with key target markets being the US, Canada, the UK and Europe.
The Government has been credited with its implementation of the National Economic and Social Transformation Plan with one of the its initiatives to support the island nation’s economy with the introduction of a Citizenship by Investment Program (CBI).
If you are considering purchasing property with regards to the CBI Program on a lush tropical island, then Antigua and Barbudan with its fantastic year round climate, tax advantages and quality of life could be your best option.
The hub of the Eastern Caribbean
The main benefits of the Citizenship by Investment program (CBI) in Antigua & Barbuda
Visa free travel to over 150 countries
Visa free travel to over 150 countries including the Schengen States, the UK (6 month stay), Hong Kong, Singapore.
Speed and flexibility
Relatively quick processing time – Passports are usually granted within three to four months.
Antigua & Barbuda is the hub of the Eastern Caribbean and benefits from excellent airlift, with daily flights to the USA and Canada and the UK.
No income tax, no inheritance tax and no capital gains tax.
Open to all
All nationalities can apply and there is no need for an interview.
Future born children of the new citizens can apply for citizenship by naturalisation.
Low government fees for families.
Investors of any nationality can apply for Antigua & Barbuda CBI. The Principal applicant can include qualifying dependents as follows:
- The spouse of the principal applicant
- Dependent children of the principal applicant under the age of 28 (Child dependents aged 18 to 27 must be in full time education at a recognized institution.
- Physically or mentally challenged dependent children of any age
- Parents or grandparents of the principal applicant or spouse
The Antigua & Barbuda CIP was established in 2013. There are three options to apply for citizenship:
(2) Real Estate Investment
You can make an investment of at least $200,000 in a government approved project. Government fees and Due Diligence fees apply for the real estate option (see details below).
(3) Business Investment
As an individual, you can invest at least $1,500,000 in an approved.
Whereas as part of a group of individuals you can invest $400,000 in an approved business (the group investment must amount to at least $5,000,000). Government fees and Due Diligence fees apply for the real estate option (see details below).
Minimum Investment under the Real Estate option
In order to apply under the Real Estate Option, you must commit to an investment of at least $200,000 in an approved real estate project, and pay the government processing fees and due diligence fees.
Application fees and costs:
1. Submission Fees:
Due Diligence fee:
- For the Principal, Applicant and spouse each – $7,500
- For each dependent aged 18 and over – $4,000
- For child dependents aged 12 to 17 – $2,000
- 10% of the government processing fee
Government Processing fees:
- For the principal applicant and up to 3 dependents – $50,000
- For each additional dependent $15,000
2. Approval Fees:
- Passport fees per person – $ 300
- 90% balance of the Real Estate Purchase price
- Real Estate closing costs vary: – Stamp Duty, Legal and Conveyancing fees usually amount to no more than 5%
- Bank charges
In addition to the property purchase and the completed application documents, the following must be provided: